Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI)
We are very proud of the diversity which exists within our school community. We have children, families and staff from a wide range of cultures, backgrounds, beliefs and faiths.
Our school EDI groups meet fortnightly to discuss EDI within our school community and to plan ways to continue to build on the good work already in place.
Our school aims are:
- to ensure the school community understands each of the terms – Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- to ensure that there is fair treatment and opportunity for all our children, staff and the rest of our stakeholders
- to ensure that any prejudice or discrimination is eradicated
- to ensure that all children, staff and other stakeholders feel a sense of belonging
- to ensure that all children, staff and other stakeholders feel valued
- to ensure that we ask the following question when planning any learning, activities or events - ‘Is this inclusive?’
- all children at Sayes Court are taught the following:
- we are all equal regardless of our backgrounds, socio-economic status, race, culture and beliefs, and are entitled to/ have equal access to opportunities
- we must treat our environment and everyone in it with respect regardless of any differences we may have